Who doesnt love pizza? seriously!!! It is so versatile and portable. There are no hard rules to follow. You can keep it very simple, uncomplicated.I like to make our pizza at home gluten free, basic dough, tomato sauce and cheese, served with salad and potato wedges.
Pizza has been around for a very long time. We generally associate it with Italy but many other countries have similar versions of flat breads... cheese on toast, naan bread etc., take your pick!
The following is the basic dough that I use and it can be adapted to make tarts and pies also.
GLUTEN FREE PIZZA
- 480g gluten free flour
- 120g butter
- 1 egg
- Rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the egg and enough water to bring the dough together, dont over mix or it will be tough.
- Press the dough onto a lightly floured tray.
- Spread with passata/sliced tomatoes.
- Shred a few basil leaves over the sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese of your choice.
- Bake for 20 mins or freeze for later.
I use this dough for scones, adding 2 eggs and a little milk instead of water. I also like to add raspberries/blueberries. Instead of rolling out the dough in the traditional way for scones, I spoon large scoops onto the floured tray, usually make approx 8. Bake the scones for about 20/25 mins 180c.